CAPEX: 22.50 MM USD
OPEX: 65 MM USD
TOTAL: 87.50 MM USD
Recovery Time: 6 years
The investor builds and operates the plant.
Benefits for the investor
- Through the signing of an investment agreement with the Ecuadorian government, recorded as a public deed, reception of benefits are guaranteed
- Stability on tax incentives up to 15 years, renewable once (maximum validity 30 years)
- The company may request total or partial reduction of duties for any capital goods imported
- Exemption of foreign exchange taxes on financing operations
- Establishes conflict resolution mechanisms
Implement and develop the cocoa industry, processing it into semi-finished products with high added value.
The proposal is to implement at least 4 processing plants of semi-finished cocoa products, with the possibility to produce cocoa liquor, cocoa paste, cocoa lard and cocoa powder.
- A pre-feasibility study is available, as well as the Encyclopedia of Cocoa and data from the Ministerio de Agricultura about cocoa and the organoleptic map provided by Fundación Conservación y Desarrollo
- To carry out these processes is necessary to furnish the plant with specialized equipment to obtain these products, as well as alkalizing and bottling equipment
The target market of the project is Europe and the United States. Ecuador exports nearly 260,000 TM of cocoa per year, of which nearly 10% is industrialized.
Organic Code of Production, Trade and Investments, COPCI.
Location of the plants:
- Santo Domingo de los Tsáchilas
- El Carmen
- Napo, Tena