CAPEX: 21 MM USD
OPEX: 68 MM USD
TOTAL: 89 MM USD
Recovery Time: 5 years
The investor builds and operates the plants.
Benefits for the Investor:
Through the signing of an investment agreement with the Ecuadorian government, recorded as a public deed, reception of benefits are guaranteed.
- Exemption of advance income tax payment for five years for any new investment located outside of Quito or Guayaquil
- The company may request total or partial reduction of duties for any capital goods imported
- Exemption of foreign exchange taxes on financing operations
- Establishes conflict resolution mechanisms
- Stability on tax incentives up to 15 years, renewable once (maximum validity 30 years)
Implement and develop the chain of value of chocolate and fine confectionery with high added value.
The proposal is to implement 4 chocolate factories of differentiated products to manufacture: chocolate tablets, premium chocolate in 4 varieties per solid cocoa content, and fine chocolate making. To carry out these processes it is necessary to furnish the plant with specialized equipment to obtain these products.
A pre-feasibility study is available, as well as the Encyclopedia of Cocoa and data from the Ministerio de Agricultura about cocoa and the organoleptic map provided by Fundación Conservación y Desarrollo.
The target market of this project is Europe and the United States.
- Organic Code of Production, Trade and Investments, COPCI
- INEN Quality Standards 175, 176 y 177
- Registration with AGROCALIDAD for operators of ornamental or other vegetal export products
- Manabí, Manta
- Pichincha, Quito
- Azuay, Cuenca
- Guayas, Guayaquil